twitter




Friday, November 6, 2009

Can someone help me clarify something in Shakespeare's Midsummer Nights Dream?

I needed to get a general idea of what this play was about, and read a summary on Sparknotes. I feel I understand the general plot of the play, but there was just one thing I was unsure of.





According to the summary, once Lysander and Hermia were together, and Helena and Demetrius were together they had a group wedding. My question is, how did Hermia's father allow her to marry Lysander, when the whole point of them running away is because he wanted her to marry Demetrius? It's probably a silly question, but yeah I just want to get my facts straight. Thanks.
Can someone help me clarify something in Shakespeare's Midsummer Nights Dream?
Thesus, the Duke of Athens demands it. He overrules his friend Egeus and demands a group wedding. And so it is done. Pax-C

Payout

No comments:

Post a Comment