twitter




Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Book Intros?

My friend is publishing her first book and asked me to write the introduction. I feel so honored.





What is your take when someone asks you to write the intro?


I think it is rude to turn it down.
Book Intros?
I don't think it's rude to turn it down. It's their book; they need to work on it all by themselves unless she's going to be giving me credit as well.





But I think that's nice of you.





Good luck with it!
Book Intros?
I would be honored to write an introduction, albeit it's an odd request. Introductions are usually written by the author; the forewords can be written by other persons.





Feel free to write it, by all means, but make sure you've read the book first, so you know what you're writing about. And write truthfully. Keep in mind that if this book truly is being published, then your name is going to be attached to this book forever. You need to make sure of the body of work you are connecting yourself to.


No comments:

Post a Comment