twitter




Friday, March 12, 2010

Need the name of a 1970's children's book?

----------------------------------------...





I know this is a long shot...I read as a child a book I remember loving! I cannot remember the title though. The cover (in the 70's) was of 3 children in a small boat on a lake looking at an old house. If I recall correctly, there was an older boy, middle girl, and young boy. They were staying at their grandparents for the summer and unraveled some mystery around an old house across the lake. Any one have an idea what it is called????
Need the name of a 1970's children's book?
The best source for this sort of info is the Reference Librarian at your public library.


I found a book that way about which I had no more info than you do.
Need the name of a 1970's children's book?
"The Mystery of the Haunted Cabin" by Judy Delton


http://www.amazon.com/MYSTERY-HAUNTED-CA...


"Ten-year-old Barry Harrison and his older sister Robin long for ``Adventure'' to fill the coming summer. Their mother's announcement that she has purchased a cabin on a nearby lake in the Minnesota woods promises to provide the opportunity for which they've been wishing. Once there, though, a voice in the night demanding that they get off the property convinces the children that the cabin is haunted. After a few days of exploring, the children solve the mystery and meet some friendly neighbors with appropriately aged children to ensure a summer of fun. There really isn't much mystery or adventure (even without the capital ``A'') here, but most of the characters are engaging "
Reply:Check the works of Elizabeth Enright. I seem to remember a book, with all of the details which you have listed, but I'll be hanged if I can remember the title. Isn't that simply maddening? I have a list of several books like you do. What I do now to prevent this ever happening again is I keep a notebook of books I read, alphabetically by author, with the date I read it. The list by itself is not enough. I include a short review of the book to refresh my memory. This prevents further madness, at least in this area.

flowers anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment