twitter




Sunday, March 14, 2010

What is your favorite poem by ellen hopkins? from burned,crank ect.?

give me your favorites.
What is your favorite poem by ellen hopkins? from burned,crank ect.?
I Sort of Remember





Crawling up into daddy鈥檚 lap


When dad was still


Daddy


Nodding my head against


His chest, soaking in


The comfort of his heart


Listening


To the thump鈥hump,


Somewhere beneath muscle


And breastbone, I remember


His arms, their sublime


Encircling


And the shadow of his voice;


I love you little girl


Put away your bad dreams


Daddy鈥檚 here


I put them away. Until


Daddy became my nightmare,


The one that came


Home


From work everyday


And instead of picking me


Up, chased me far, far away.





from burned...its my absolute favorite because i relate to it 1000% and it brings tears to my eyes everytime i read it..but i LOVE all of her books though. even though they never really have a happy ending.


No comments:

Post a Comment