twitter




Friday, March 12, 2010

I need help finding a personal memoir?

Next year I'm taking AP 11th grad English and we have a summer assignment to do. We have to write two to three pages of concise, informal notes, focus on the way the author portrays herself or himself, and the details he/she includes that reveal these character traits.





So, basically I'm asking of a list of books that are of personal memoirs/memoirs. I would like ones that relates to someone my age and about something interesting. xD





Thanks to anyone who replies.
I need help finding a personal memoir?
Night is an easy, short read about life in a concentration camp
I need help finding a personal memoir?
Any of David Sedaris' nonfiction books. There is some debate about how factual it all is and he does admit to exaggeration, but it's funny.


Any of Augusten Bourroughs books (except Sellevision).


The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls


A Long Way Gone by Ismael Beah about a child soldier in Africa.


My Lobotomy by Howard Dully, he was the youngest person to recieve a lobotomy (at 12) and he chronicles the abuse that lead to the operation and the aftermath along with the journey of the doctor who performed the operation on thousands of people.


No comments:

Post a Comment