twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

Any novel readers???

have you read the novel mansfield park by jane austen?if yes then can u tell me the summary of the novel??
Any novel readers???
OMg, I've read all the others except that one, (at least I started the books and saw the movies....) sry
Any novel readers???
Yes I have. It was so boring (for me) that it took me a ridiculous amount of time to read. It's like the life story of Fanny Price, who's this perfect little child born in a poor family who goes to live with her rich relatives at Mansfield Park for most of her life. People come and visit, people get into mischief, people fall in and out of love with other people, etc. Actually it does get a bit interesting near the end, but the epilogue was my favourite part, quite frankly.
Reply:Mansfield Park is filled with characters who are comic because they think so highly of themselve. Mrs. Norris is the best example. Read her as if you are Carol Burnett playing the Queen of England.


The best line in the novel comes when Edward (I think that's his name) says to Fanny: "I'll knock you up in the morning."


No comments:

Post a Comment