twitter




Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Harry Potter question (Movie and book)?

I've read somewhere that JK Rowling said the third movie really foreshadows things in the 7th book. I don't see any of it. Anyone else?
Harry Potter question (Movie and book)?
Well something I noticed was Lupin's quote from the 3rd movie:





"The first time I saw you, Harry, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar. By your eyes. They're your mother Lily's. (nodding) Yes. I knew her. She was there for me at a time when no one else was. We used to talk for hours. She was not only a singularly gifted witch but an uncommonly kind woman. She had a way of seeing the beauty in whoever she met, even -- and perhaps most especially -- when that person couldn't see it in themselves..."





I think that quote really foreshadows how Lily saw friendship/goodness in Snape, when he couldn't see it in himself. Also, the fact that the eyes were so meaningful - in the 7th book, Snape forces Harry to look him in the eye right before he dies, because he wants to see Lily's eyes one last time.





Also, in the movie only (this isn't in the book) after Harry says he knows he has her eyes, Sirius tells Harry that Harry is more like his mother than even he knows. This wasn't in the book, but it is however exactly what Dumbledore told Snape in the 7th book.





And one more thing - do you remember when all the jewels fell out of the house hourglasses at Hogwarts during the final battle in the 7th book? That happened in the 3rd movie! I'm pretty sure it did.





Wow. I didn't even realize some of these things until now, when your question made me think. haha :)
Harry Potter question (Movie and book)?
harry's mother's genuinely sweet nature, and acceptance of things i believe.. when lupin was talking with harry on the bridge when harry couldn't go to the town. the 7th book really showed lily's personality and lupin talked wonderful things about her in the 3rd movie. idk maybe that's all i can come up with


No comments:

Post a Comment